Fontane an early maincrop high yielding processing variety for the production of French fries and flakes.
- Large tubers
- High dry matter content
- Suitable for different types of soil
- Skin Colour Yellow
- Flesh ColourLight Yellow
- Tuber ShapeOval
- Tuber SizeQuite Large
- Harvest Damage Quite Sensitive
- Dry Matter Content%23,2
- Cooking Type Floury / BC
- Maturity Early Maincrop
- Foliage Initial DevelopmentQuite Fast
- Flower ColourWhite
- Golden Nematode Ro ¼Resistant
- Common ScabMinimum Susceptible
- Powdery ScabMinimum Susceptible
- Virus – YnSusceptible
- Virus – YntnMinimum Susceptible
- Late Blight-TuberMinimum Susceptible
- Late Blight-FoliageSusceptible
- SpraingMinimum Susceptible
- FusariumMinimum Susceptible
- Wart Disease F1Quite Susceptible
Harvest and Dormancy
Harvest: Wait at least three weeks after haulm killing before harvesting, as Fontane is quite sensitive to harvest damage and black spot.
Dormancy: Fontane has a good dormancy and is suitable for long term storage at 7°C.
- It is preferred to grow in good soil,
- Planting depth should be compared to normal local standards.
- Planting distance should be 3,800 bt / for plant density of 35/55 mm depending on plant density.
- Within 3-4 days before planting; it is recommended to encourage sprouting.