Babylon is a very productive variety suitable for the industrial market with long oval tubers in yellow flesh color.
- Excellent frying quality.
- Very suitable for tableware and french fries.
- Multiple virus resistances.
- Good storability.
- Skin ColourYellow
- Flesh ColourYellow
- Dry Matter Content% 21,7
- Tuber ShapeOval Long
- Tuber SizeLarge
- Harvest DamageSensitive
- Cooking TypeBC
- Flower ColourWhite
- Foliage Initial DevelopmentQuite Fast
- Golden Nematode R01 and 4 Highly Resistant
- Virus - YnHighly Resistant
- Virus - Yntn (Tuber)Highly Resistant
- Common ScapSusceptible
- SpraingMedium Resistant
- Wart Disease F1Resistant
Harvest and Dormancy
Harvest: Wait at least three weeks after haulm killing, as Babylon is quite sensitive to black spot and sensitive to harvest damage.
Dormancy: Babylon has a very long dormancy and is suitable for long term storage at 6°C.
- Certified seed-used and seeds should not be cut,
- To produce seed potatoes sholud be 18-20 cm between rows,
- Should be 25-28 cm for Tableware,
- Equipment must be disinfected during planting,
- Seed fertilization should be done,
- Mechanical damage must be observed.