Markies high yielding all-round maincrop variety for French fries, crisping, fast food (QSR market) and fresh consumption.
- Large tubers
- Multiple virus resistances
- Good storability
- Skin Colour Yellow
- Flesh ColourLight Yellow
- Tuber ShapeOval Long
- Tuber SizeQuite Large
- Harvest DamageSensitive
- Dry Matter Content22,8%
- Cooking Type Floury / BC
- DormancyQuite Long
- Maturity Maincrop
- Foliage Initial DevelopmentQuite Fast
- Flower ColourWhite
- Golden Nematode Ro ¼Resistant
- Virus – YnMinimum Susceptible
- Virus – Yntn (Tuber)Minimum Susceptible
- Common ScabSusceptible
- Powdery ScabVery Susceptible
- Late Blight-TuberMinimum Susceptible
- Late Blight-FoliageMinimum Susceptible
- SpraingVery Susceptible
- FusariumMinimum To Not Susceptible
- Wart Disease F1Not Marked
Harvest and Dormancy
Harvest: Wait at least three weeks after haulm killing before harvesting, as Markies is sensitive to harvest damage and not sensitive to black spot.
Dormancy: Markies has a good dormancy and is very suitable for long term storage at 6°C.
- It is preferred to grow in good soil,
- Planting depth should be compared to normal local standards.
- Planting distance should be 3,800 bt / for plant density of 35/55 mm depending on plant density.
- Within 3-4 days before planting; it is recommended to encourage sprouting.